Access Housing is committed to encouraging water efficiency, particularly in the garden. With this in mind, we are excited to invite each of our tenants to enter our 2016 Water Wise Garden Competition.
Water wise gardens don’t need to be bland or boring. Coastal, Mediterranean, tropical, native or vegie gardens can all look fantastic, while also being water wise. Our 2016 Water Wise Garden Competition is open to all tenants that look after a garden area, including those living in a unit or apartment that may have a patio or balcony garden area rather than a yard garden. You don’t need to enter your whole garden area into the competition either – a section of it will do.
To go in the running to win one of three Bunnings vouchers, simply take a maximum of three photos of your garden area and send them in to us.
What will the judges be looking for?
1) Use of water wise plants (plants that only need watering once a week or less) once established.
2) Grouping of plants together according to their watering needs (to avoid wasting water).
3) Improvements to soil that allow for moisture and nutrients to be retained by the plants.
4) Use of mulch to prevent water evaporation, soil erosion and weed growth.
5) Gardens that are creative, colourful and inspiring.
Photos can be sent via email to email@example.com or printed and mailed to Access Housing’s 2016 Water Wise Garden Competition, PO Box 1334, Fremantle WA 6959. When
you send in photos, please ensure your name and contact details are included in the email or envelope. All entries must be received by Access Housing by Friday 28 October to go in the running. Scroll down to view the conditions of entry for the competition.
Three prizes will be awarded for the best water wise gardens, as judged by Access Housing staff. First prize is a $150 Bunnings voucher, second prize is a $100 Bunnings voucher and third prize is a $50 Bunnings voucher.
TIP: Visit www.watercorporation.com.au for ideas and information on how to create a water wise garden.
2016 Water Wise Garden Competition – Conditions of Entry
1) Access Housing tenants / household members can nominate their own garden or a section of it.
2) Access Housing tenants / household members can nominate a garden area that is maintained by a number of tenants from different households in a common property area.
3) Only Access Housing tenants or household members living with them can enter this competition.
4) Only garden areas at properties managed by Access Housing are eligible.
5) Entries must be submitted to Access Housing by Friday 28 October to be eligible.
6) Awards judging will take place after the competition closing date.
7) Winners will be announced in the summer edition of the Access Housing tenant newsletter and notified by telephone.
8) Winners of awards agree to participate in publicity and shall agree to have their names and photographs published in Access Housing publications and promotional materials as required.
9) The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10) Employees of Access Housing, including contractors who are tenants of Access Housing, are not eligible to enter.
11) Access Housing will not be responsible for any costs incurred by tenants in preparing and submitting a nomination for this competition.
12) Access Housing will not be responsible for any lost or missing entries.
13) Access Housing shall not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury suffered or sustained by tenants as a result of actions associated with entry into this competition including but not limited to injuries sustained while gardening.
14) Entry into this competition shall be deemed acceptance of these conditions.