Housing Choices WA is part of the Housing Choices Australia Group of Companies

Tenant COVID-19 Resource Directory

Government Services
Australian Department of Health: Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 website.
WA Department of Health: Government of Western Australia Department of Health COVID-19 website.
Centrelink: Australian government services for individuals and businesses including information on how to access support payments.
Australian Taxation Office: information about ATO measures and tailored support during COVID-19.
Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS): Australian government translating and interpreting service providing access to telephone interpreters that speak more than 50 languages. This service is available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
Ethnolink: COVID-19 information available in 71 languages.

Mental Health Services
Think Mental Health
: Government mental health campaign website featuring wellbeing advice and printable resources.
Lifeline: Crisis and suicide prevention support service. You can also call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Helping Minds: Provide quality, confidential support and services to children, youth, adults and families who are caring for someone with a mental illness or individuals who are affected by a mental illness. You can also call Helping Minds on 1300 555 788 (Perth metro area) or 1800 676 822 (Peel region).
Beyond Blue: Mental wellbeing support service, helpful resources, online forum and 24-hour support service. You can also call Beyond Blue on 1800 512 348.
Black Dog Institute: Resources for anxiety, stress and wellbeing.
Headspace: Mental health support service for young people (under 25). Headspace is currently offering telehealth online and phone counselling.

Crisis Services
ER Connect: Directory of emergency relief service providers managed by the Western Australian Council of Social Services. You can search for food relief, financial counsellors, emergency accommodation and other services by area.
Ask Izzy: Searchable directory for services by area such as housing, food, health, emergency relief, support, counselling, domestic violence and advocacy.
National Debt Helpline: Free information about emergency relief and support available to you via Centrelink. You can also call the helpline on 1800 007 007 to speak to a financial counsellor free of charge.
Financial Counsellors Association of Western Australia: Find a local financial counsellor and access useful resources and links to a debt helpline.
Red Cross (Telecross): National telephone outreach service making daily calls to people in self-isolation.
St Judes: Free support for people over 65 including personal care support, cleaning, shopping, cooking and companionship.
Chorus: Meals on Wheels for the elderly or those living with a disability or mental health condition. This service is available within the Cities of Fremantle, Melville, Cockburn, Kwinana and Rockingham.
St Pat’s: Doorstep Dinners providing meals to vulnerable community members while supporting local restaurants in Fremantle.
Cahoot Connects: Free essential shopping delivery services. Next day delivery for people living with a disability, those facing exceptional challenges and those aged over 65. You can also call Cahoot Connects on 1300 103 880.
Givit: Connecting those in need with donated goods via a matching database.
Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline: Referral and telephone counselling service for women experiencing domestic violence in Western Australia. You can call them 24 hours a day on1800 007 339.
Emergency Relief and Food Access Service: The Financial Counselling Network is operating an emergency relief service providing financial assistance to people struggling with paying bills or accessing food as well as people who have reduced income or have been using savings during COVID-19.

National Disability Insurance Scheme: Priority service to NDIS participants who have been assigned a unique home delivery access code to get priority access to supermarket home delivery services.
Jobs and Skills Centre: Department of Training and Workforce Development – information for individuals, students and businesses.
Carers WA: Carers WA represents the needs and interests of carers. You can call their free carers counselling line on 1800 700 332.
Volunteering WA: Support people impacted by COVID-19! Register as a volunteer for the emergency support volunteer list.
RSPCA: Pet care advice during the COVID-19 crisis.
Pets of Older People: For people who are experiencing difficulty in caring for pets due to age or disability. In times of crisis or where illness or injury make it difficult to care for your animal, they can assist.

Local Government Authorities (LGAs) COVID-19 information – Perth Metro and Peel
City of Armadale
City of Belmont
City of Canning
City of Cockburn
City of Fremantle
City of Gosnells
City of Kwinana
City of Mandurah
City of Melville
City of Nedlands
City of Perth
City of Rockingham
City of South Perth
City of Stirling
City of Swan
Town of Victoria Park

Local Government Authorities (LGAs) COVID-19 information – South West
Shire of Augusta / Margaret River
Shire of Busselton
City of Bunbury
Shire of Capel
Shire of Dardanup
Shire of Harvey
Shire of Murray