We provide tenants with an after-hours maintenance service (for emergencies only) through calling 1800 203 383. This after-hours (4:30pm-8:30am) service is only for Access Housing tenants experiencing a maintenance emergency.
Please note, examples of emergency or urgent repairs include, but are not limited to;
• a gas leak
• a burst water pipe or damaged water fitting or fixture that causes a large amount of water to be wasted
• electricity, gas or water supply loss / fault
• property not being secure (risk of break-in)
• no hot water
• serious storm, fire or flooding damage
• faulty smoke alarm/s
• a broken or blocked toilet (if only one toilet in property)
• faulty RCDs
• any other serious fault or issue that causes the property to not be safe or secure
An emergency situation reported after hours may be temporarily made good until a permanent repair can be made during normal working hours. For example, a broken window may be boarded and re-glazed the following day.
If you report an emergency situation but it could reasonably have waited until the next working day (or you have allowed a routine situation to turn into an emergency by not reporting it sooner) you may be charged for the cost of the repair. For more information about categories of repairs please visit the REPAIRS page of our website.
If you use the after-hours service to report an emergency situation, you must make sure someone is home to allow access for contractors to tend to the repair.