With more than 2,700 people living in Access Housing homes, our tenants make great neighbours and help form great neighbourhoods in communities across the Perth metro area and Peel and South West regions.
Access Housing is encouraging tenants to nominate a neighbour who, through their helpfulness and thoughtfulness, make a positive difference in their neighbourhood and makes those that live around them grateful to have them as a neighbour.
Do you have a neighbour that invites you over for a cup of tea and a chat? Does one of your neighbours pick something up for you at the shops if you can’t get there yourself? Do you have a neighbour that tends to your garden when you are on holiday? If you do, these are the sorts of neighbours we want to hear about.
In 200 words or less, let us know which of your Access Housing neighbours should be considered for the Best Neighbour Award and what it is about them that would make them a worthy winner. Please also include your name and contact details so we know who is making the nomination.
The winner of the Best Neighbour Award will receive a $100 Gift Card and a bunch of flowers, while the person who nominated them for the award will win a $50 Gift Card.
Entries must be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Access Housing Best Neighbour Competition PO Box 1334, Fremantle WA 6959 and received before Friday 19 August 2016. Scroll down to view the conditions of entry for the Best Neighbour Award competition.
The Best Neighbour Award is the first of several tenant competitions Access Housing is running over the next 12 months as part of our 10th anniversary celebrations and we encourage tenants to join the milestone anniversary festivities by nominating themselves and other tenants for awards that will be promoted in upcoming editions of our tenant newsletter, At Home with Access Housing. The spring edition of At Home with Access Housing, to be delivered in September, will feature details for our Waterwise Garden Competition. If you consider yourself a bit of a green thumb, we recommend you take a photo of your garden / courtyard / balcony area now so we can compare ‘before and after spring’ photos of your garden area.
Best Neighbour Award – Conditions of Entry
1) Access Housing tenants / household members can nominate an Access Housing tenant / household member neighbour or nominate themselves.
2) Only Access Housing tenants or household members living with them can be nominated.
3) Entries must be received before Friday 19 August to be eligible.
4) Awards judging will take place after the competition closing date. Winners will be announced in the spring edition of the Access Housing tenant newsletter.
5) Winners will be notified by telephone and mail.
6) Tenants who nominate a neighbour for the award agree to participate in publicity and shall agree to have their names and photographs published in Access Housing publications as required.
7) The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8) Employees of Access Housing, including contractors who are tenants of Access Housing, are not eligible to enter.
9) Access Housing will not be responsible for any costs incurred by tenants in preparing and submitting a nomination for this competition.
10) Access Housing will not be responsible for any lost or missing entries.
11) Entry into this competition shall be deemed acceptance of these conditions.